Friday, March 23, 2012

Educational Comments?

I was not familiar with "The Weakly News with Iliza Shlesinger" until I ran across a link to one of her episodes on YouTube on an Intactivist Facebook page.

While I do not agree with the comments she made and I do agree that she needs education about circumcised penises vs. uncircumcised penises, I, AGAIN do not agree with the "educational comments" that the majority of these Intactivists left on her video. To see those comments, just read them under the video.

And make no mistake about it, when I say that she needs education on that subject I mean that she needs it if she agrees to listen to it. I mean that she should be approached calmly and rationally by one person who asks if it is okay to speak to her about it. If she agrees, then they should lay out the facts based on peer-reviewed science and not based on material that was written by Intactivists. If she says that she doesn't want the education, then they should accept that fact and walk away.

Anyway, how do I know these people went to her link from an Intactivist site? Case in point: CynDaVez is very close to the name of a woman who posts on that site regularly.

I do believe that this web show's outrageous comments and unconventional manner of presentation has a lot to do with her talking about the matter the way she did. Also, keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Are her statements inflammatory? Yes. Does she do it on purpose? Most likely.

Did I find her funny? Yes. I did. I found the wolf opening funny and I found the wolf dance funny. Do I know why? Not really. I tend to find flat-out random stupidity quite funny most of the time. I laugh at stuff that makes no sense and seems to have no rationale whatsoever. Kind of like how I found the movies "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Pootie Tang" hilarious. Both totally random and pretty stupid but funny as shit.

Anyway. Yeah, I thought she went overboard but I think she was caught in the moment and trying to prove her point. Or trying to go for the shock value, or whatever.

But whatever. Here we go again with the "educational comments". I did not know that "educational comments" include words like "fuck you", "stupid bitch", "fuck off and die slowly", "disgustingly stupid", and "idiot". Guess I missed that part of my education in my 10 years of post-high school education. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid nurse.

~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment